COLORADO GIVES DAY®
SUPPORT THE SCRT
Colorado Gives Day® is a statewide movement to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving via ColoradoGives, an organization dedicated to helping over 2,300 nonprofits enrich their communities.
Donations boost our overall prize tally towards rewards, including a $1 million incentive fund!
When is Colorado Gives Day®?
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, during a 24-hour period starting at 12 a.m. (i.e., 00:00 MST)
Who created it?
Community First Foundation, a leading community foundation, created Colorado Gives Day® in 2010 with the financial support of Colorado-based FirstBank. Community First Foundation helps generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve quality of life throughout Colorado.
How does the public make a donation through ColoradoGives.org?
1. To donate to SCRT on Colorado Gives Day® (12/10/19), head to https://tinyurl.com/CGD-SCRT
If you prefer to donate early, beginning November 1, schedule your donation for 12/10/19 on our page!
2. After landing on the SCRT Colorado Gives page, select "Donate” from our profile and complete the checkout process.
3. As with ordering tickets or making regular donations online, you will be asked to set up a donor account* which will require an email address, username, and password. Once this account is established, you will be able to use it each year that you donate through this ColoradoGives.org program.
*Note: If you prefer, you can make one-time donations as a guest and need not create an account.
What is the benefit of creating a donor account on ColoradoGives.org?
A free donor account allows you to enjoy the following advanced features:
1. View a history of your donations to the SCRT and resend yourself copies of your acknowledgment letters
2. Setup and manage recurring donations. Save yourself the time and hassle of writing a monthly check.
3. Create a "My Favorites" list
4. Create fundraising pages for the SCRT yourself!
5. Keep track of Giving eCards you've purchased or received
What methods of payments can I use?
1. Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
2. Direct payment from a bank account (personal checking, business checking, or savings account)
3. ColoradoGives.org Giving eCard
Note to Donors: You cannot make donations using stock gifts, donor-advised funds held outside of Community First Foundation, PayPal, or a private/family foundation.
What is the minimum donation?
Are there any fees for making donations through ColoradoGives.org?
No additional fees! A processing fee (2%) will be deducted from each donation you give.
Can I schedule my donations in advance?
Beginning November 1, 2019, you can schedule donations for Colorado Gives Day (December 10, 2019).
How do I schedule my Colorado Gives Day® donations?
1. Head to https://tinyurl.com/CGD-SCRT.
2. Click the "Donate" button on our profile overview.
3. Enter or select the amount you want to donate.
4. Under Donation Type, click the button "CO GIVES DAY". Enter the details of your donation, and click "Add to Cart."
5. When all of your scheduled donations are in the cart, continue checking out by logging in to/creating your donor account (or check out as a guest), entering your payment information, and then pressing submit. You will need to click the "CO GIVES DAY" button for each donation you want to schedule for Colorado Gives Day.
6. Credit card statements will list "Cmty FirstFdn/ColoradoGives or CoGivesDay/ColoradoGives" in the merchant section rather than “SCRT”.
7. The Community First Foundation will issue you an acknowledgment letter immediately upon completion of your transaction. This letter will serve as proof of donation for tax purposes. SCRT will process paperwork separately for your Colorado Enterprise Zone Tax Credits if they exceed the minimum required for credits ($50).
Note to Donors: Donations placed in your cart are only stored when you are logged into your donor account. If you are not logged in before you close the tab or browser, the donations in the cart will be removed. Donations will also be removed when you are not logged in and two hours pass with no activity.
Scheduled donations will not be reflected on the SCRT fundraising page tally until Colorado Gives Day® is underway.